April 30, 2014

FAVORITE HAIR PRODUCTS


I use a good handful of hair products in my routine. It doesn't mean I'm any better at hair styling - I have incredibly fine and limp hair that is an ongoing struggle to work with - but it does allow me to keep things 'under control'. I haven't included any shampoos or conditioners in this post (mainly because I just couldn't decide), but there's still quite a few products featured so bear with me!

HAIR TREATMENTS


Moroccanoil Treatment & Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil
Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse is relatively new to my routine, but I've been using it a lot and it's a much loved addition to my collection. It more or less feels the same as Moroccanoil - it's easy to spread, does not weight my hair down, and leaves it soft and smooth. Both are also great in speeding up the drying process when applied to wet hair.

Lush Roots Hair Treatment
I was a little hesitant about including this - I don't love the smell of it - but it's a great mask to help add a bit of lift and volume to fine hair like mine. The results are not drastic on initial use, but it improves when applied on a regular basis. I've heard a lot of good things about Lush Hair Treatments, if you have any recommendations, please let me know! ;)

HAIR PREP


Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Spray
I've gone through numerous bottles of this, it's my absolute HG heat protectant spray. I'm not fussy - all I need is something that protects my hair against heat styling tools, and this does just that, at a very reasonable price. I'm also a little addicted to the smell of this stuff!

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray
Not many 'thickening' or 'volumizing' products have an effect on my fine limp hair, so I was really skeptical when I first tried this. I finished my first travel size version back in January, and have since bought the full size bottle because it actually works! I spray this to the roots of my hair while it is still wet, and after a good blow dry, my hair is instantly fuller and has more body - LOVE!

HAIR STYLING


Liese Frizz-Free Styling Milk
I picked this up randomly on my trip to Hong Kong last year. It was hot and my hair was getting all frizzy from the humidity. Liese Styling Milk tames frizziness without wearing heavy, it also helps sculpt the ends of my hair after I style it with a heating tool. It pretty much works on the same basis as a sculpting cream, but with moisturising properties!

L'oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray
I've been using this for a good couple of years now, it's perfect for holding down flyaways or keeping curls defined without feeling like there's any product there. The overall result is very natural, and it keeps my curls all day long!

HAIR VOLUME & TEXTURE


Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder
B&B Pret-a-Powder works as a dry shampoo and a volumizing powder, without wearing too gritty on the hair. I like to tap a little of the product along my roots, it adds a whole lot more texture and body that lasts for hours. It is on the pricer side, but it's the only volumizing powder I've tried that doesn't wear sticky or have my hair in knots!

Toni and Guy Sea Salt Texturizing Spray

I love using this sea salt spray on my second day curls. By then my hair is back in it's limp state and using this gives it some body to create loose beachy waves. Sea salt spray generally leave my hair feeling slightly sticky, so I would wash it out at the end of the day to avoid kinks.

Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo

This makes my hair gritty, like difficult-to-brush-through gritty, but it's the only dry shampoo that adds volume to my second or even third day old hair. Trust me, XXL volume is no joke!

And that's my hair product stash! Have you tried any of these? What did you think? Let me know some of your favorite hair products! Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to comment! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)