December 8, 2013

URBAN DECAY REVOLUTION LIPSTICKS



Urban Decay is one of few makeup brands that holds a dear place in my heart. I've swooned over many of their product releases (I can't wait to get my hands on Naked 3), so when I saw these Revolution Lipsticks I knew I had to try them out. 

The sleek metal encasing of these lipsticks is a much needed upgrade from the original line - the little dagger on the ends annoyed the crap out of me! I really like the gunmetal exterior and the contrast of the purple once you lift the cap, I think UD is right on the money with the packaging of these, it's minimal and very modern. 

I picked up 2 shades out of the 22 that are available. I opted for more natural/everyday colours this time around, still going back and forth on the brighter options, let me know if you have any recommendations! ;)




Jump for more info!

The pigmentation of these lipsticks, like many other urban decay products, is incredible. 'Naked' swatches just slightly more sheer than 'Fiend', but can be easily built up to an opaque finish. 'Naked' also has a glossier finish, but both shades are ultra creamy and doesn't wear too heavy on the lips.

Like many creamy lipstick formulas, the product transfers quite easily so it only lasts about 3-4 hours on me. However it wears very comfortable, and does not dry out as the colour fades. Overall I'm very happy with these lipsticks, they apply ridiculously smooth and the colour payoff is amazing.

Have you tried the UD Revolution Lipsticks? What are your thoughts on them? Let me know what you think! Thank you so much for reading! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)