December 19, 2013

MY TOP 5 DRUGSTORE LIPSTICKS



I'm not sure if I'm going to start a whole series with these 'top 5' posts (see my top 5 foundations here), but I knew from the very start that I just had to do a lipstick edition. It was WAY too hard to do an overall for everything in my lipstick stash, so I'm going to split it into 2 categories - drugstore and high end - be on the look out for the high end post to come soon! It still took me a lot of going back and forth to make up the list, but here goes!

Again, these are in no particular order.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Creme in 680 Temptress
I've worn this lipstick to death, mainly to work, it's such a great 'it-goes-with-everything' shade! Despite the creamy formula, which sits very comfortably on my lips, Temptress does not apply too opaque, so my natural lip colour seeps through ever so slightly. I'm not generally drawn to soft pink lipsticks, but this one blends in well with my skin tone, so it gets a lot of love from me!


Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 027 Juicy Papaya
Continuing on with the Revlon love, is of course, the famous lip butters. I actually wasn't too drawn into the hype at the beginning, but have repeatedly reached for them overtime, much to my own surprise. It was a hard choice between Juicy Papaya and Tutti Frutti (because I love my corals and oranges), but Juicy Papaya wears a lot softer so it's something I can wear anytime of the week, and it goes with pretty much everything!

Jump for more!

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 910 Shocking Coral
I don't know if this is how it wears on my skin tone specifically, but 'Shocking Coral' looks extremely pink on me. I love the vibrancy of this  colour, it's quite a unique one in my collection. I have to say that I wasn't too into Maybelline lipsticks before trying this line, but the formula of these Color Sensational Lipsticks are really something - they are incredibly pigmented, long wearing and applies amazingly smooth!


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 320 Funtime Fuchsia
Another unique one from my stash, Funtime Fuchsia wears quite red on me but you definitely get hints of fuchsia when seen in better light. I haven't explored the world of fuchsia lipstick much, and even though the swatch (not on the lips) is quite intimidating, it's not too difficult to pull off, so I would recommend this if you are looking to try something a little different!


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick By Kate in 107
Probably my absolute favourite shade in the Rimmel x Kate Moss lipstick collaboration, 107 is such an amazing deep berry red. Formula-wise though, it's not the best - it wears a little dry and the texture of the lipstick feels grainy (I'm not too sure if I just got a defect…?) - but despite all of this I'm putting it on the list because I just love love love the colour! If anyone knows a similar shade, please let me know!

And that's a wrap! I would be very interested to know what some of your top drugstore lipsticks are (and to add to my collection :P). Thanks so much for reading and for taking the time to comment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)