February 24, 2013

TOO FACED LA CREME COLOR DRENCHED LIP CREAM

I know I'm very behind, but happy Lunar New Year and Valentines Day! I didn't realise it's been 3 weeks since my last post, I've been a little swamped with work stuff, but I'm back with more lipstick love to spread! ;)



Too Faced La Creme lip creams have been around for quite some time now, but I've only very recently discovered them. They boast of being pigmented, rich and creamy, and the formula contains lotus flower extract and peptides to condition and soothe the lips. I'm a huge fan of Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and after reading nothing but good things about these lippies, I knew I had to get my hands on them. They are my very first lipstick purchase for 2013, and despite vowing to spend a little less on makeup this year, these are absolutely worth it!


I think Too Faced did an awesome job on the box packaging of these lip creams, I love the floral design, though I've yet to be convinced on the frosted gold encasing of the actual lipstick. The metal is rather fragile - I accidentally dropped it the other day and already made a big dent, and it landed on carpet! However, at the end of the day it's the product that really matters and the formula is amazing! 

Naughty Nude; a soft beige with pink/peach undertones.

 Juicy Melons; a coral with strong pink undertones.

Too Faced La Creme lip cream is just as the name suggests, it's super creamy and glides on ultra smooth with no drag whatsoever. It applies a little thick, but I only need one swatch to get an opaque finish so it doesn't feel heavy on the lips. I get about 3 hours of wear from these lippies, though like most creamy formulas, it does transfer when I eat and drink. There is also a lemon/cinnamon scent , which doesn't bother me, and it disappears soon after application. I can't say much about the moisturising element, but it definitely feels very comfortable on the lips.

Naughty Nude is described as being chestnut, and has been my go-to nude lipstick as of late. The slight pink tint makes it really easy to wear, and doesn't wash me out even with soft everyday eye makeup. Juicy Melons is described on the website as a pink coral, but definitely wears more on the pink side on me. It's a really fun vibrant shade, and a great staple pink for any occasions.

All-in-all, I'm very impressed with these lip creams. Have you tried them? What are your thoughts? What's your favorite shade? Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)