October 3, 2012

My Crazy Long Skincare Routine! Pt.2

I must admit I've been a little slow on the blogging front lately, I do very much apologize. In less than 2 weeks, I'll be going on a trip to Japan! Yes, JAPAN!! So I'm very excited...and super distracted at the same time. I start jumping up and down just thinking about all the makeup/skincare shopping I'm going to do over there - Koh Gen Do, Shu Uemura, SUQQU, Addiction, the list is endless. If you have been following this blog you would know that I've actually been traveling a lot this year - which has always been disruptive in the flow of things. So please bare with me! I'll be sure to make all my rounds soon! ;)

Anyhoo, back to skincare! So here's how I use all my skincare products together...
Step 1: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
Step 2: JUJU Aquamoist Moisture Lotion
Step 3: Estee Lauder Idealist Serum
Step 4: Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate
Step 5: Biotherm Aquasource Deep Hydration Replenishing Gel
Step 6: Lancome Renergie Yeux Multiple Lift Eye Duo
Step 7 (not pictured): Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15 

Step 1: Yesto Cucumbers Facial Towelettes or JUJU Aquamoist Moisture Cleansing Oil
Step 2: Chanel Precision Gentle Eye Makeup Remover 
Step 3: Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
Step 4: Trilogy Gentle Facial Exfoliant
Step 5: JUJU Aquamoist Moisture Lotion
Step 6: JUJU Aquamoist Hyaluronic Acid Essence
Step 7: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
Step 8: Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate
Step 9: B-liv by Cellnique Blackheads Sebum Gel
Step 10: Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief
Step 11: Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye
Step 12: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Step 13: Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15 

Now for the products! For part 1, please see here.
Concentrates and Serums (L-R):
Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate, B-liv by Cellnique Blackheads Sebum Gel and Mario Badescu Drying Lotion.

Besides Kiehl's line reducing concentrate, I don't use the other 2 products on a day-to-day basis. I can't really justify my love for the Kiehl's concentrate - given that I'm 25 and don't have a whole heap of lines to reduce - but I truly do believe this product does its job. I mainly apply this on my forehead and around my mouth and have yet to see any signs of frown/smile lines - so that's proof enough to me!

I mainly bought this B-liv serum/gel because I've read so many good things about Cellnique and this was the closest thing I could get to it. I don't find this serum/gel to be effective when it comes to minimizing pores and blackheads, but it does help reduce redness around my nose when applied after I've squeezed out a few blackheads (yes, it's gross even just to write about). 

This Mario Badescu drying lotion is probably the best anti-acne product I've come across so far - which is really saying a lot! I try not to use it too often though because it is a strong formula and can be very drying on the areas on which it is used.

Moisturizers (L-R):
Biotherm Aquasource Deep Hydration Replenishing Gel and Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief.

I've never had much luck with gel moisturizers - I've always found them either too sticky or not moisturizing enough - until of course, this Biotherm Aquasource gel came into my life. It feels surprisingly hydrating (I use this even during winter!), is super lightweight and absorbs quickly into my skin. It wears so well underneath makeup too!

Whenever the season changes my skin goes absolutely haywire - it's dry, it's oily, it's super sensitive and no foundation would sit on my face. And every time that happens, I take out my trusty Origin's mega-mushroom skin relief cream and soon enough, all is well again! This moisturizer is designed for sensitive skin and it always manages to soothe my redness and sensitivity right down. I do go back to my HG Kiehl's ultra facial cream after this Origins one has done it's magic though because it feels a bit oily for daily use after my skin normalizes (I have combination skin).

Eye Creams and Lip Balms (L-R):
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye, Lancome Renergie Yeux Multiple Lift Eye Duo and Bobbi Brown Lip Balm SPF 15.

I'm still on the fence about Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye, it moisturizes well, but in terms of it's other promises, I really only notice a slight difference in reducing puffy eyes after a couple weeks use. Given, I've only used this for about a month, so I'll have to stick it out to see if that changes, but for now, Kiehl's creamy eye treatment with avocado still gets my vote!

I really liked the idea of the Lancome eye duo (it's an illuminator and eye cream set), but found out soon enough that the illuminator doesn't cover much and my stubborn dark circles really needs a good medium coverage concealer. That aside though, I think this eye cream is probably one of the best I've used for wearing underneath makeup, it moisturizes really well too. I'm not sure about the lifting part, but overall I quite like this eye cream!

Having sworn off other lip balms after using the Jack Black ones, I have to hereby take that back because this Bobbi Brown one (which I bought AGES ago and never used) is just as good! I'll probably still go back to Jack Black because it is a lot cheaper, but I'm honestly very happy with this Bobbi Brown lip balm otherwise.

And that's a wrap! What's you favorite skincare product at the moment? Or is there something that you've sworn by for years and years? Please share! Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)